1.04.2011

Five things I didn't learn in Bible School.

This week Marie and I officially assumed responsibility for both middle school and high school aged young people in our church. We're thrilled at the opportunity and honored that our leadership would trust us with this generation of Shoreliners.

I've tried to get my bearings over Christmas break, dream, and cast vision, but I've also  done some reflecting on my first 10 years in youth ministry and this short list just came to mind. I am grateful for my education, but here's what a theology degree wont prepare you for.

1. How to work with a church database.
2. Fix a copy machine.
3. Recruit junior high youth workers.
4. Budget
5. Deal with parents who are disappointed in the youth ministry's ability to fix their child.

No comments:

swidget