10.07.2010

What I'm pondering

My grandmother sent me these scripture verses (listed below) today because she knew Marie and I are traveling. They brought me so much comfort.

In ministry and parent hood there is a temptation to feel that you are in control and if you aren't there that somehow things will fall apart. Isn't it God's job to hold things together and ours to let him us us as He will?

I think the next few weeks might be an exercise in reminding myself that I'm not God.

Psalm  143:8

    Let me see your kindness to me in the morning, for I am trusting you.  

    Show me where to walk, for my prayer is sincere.


Genesis  28:15

    What's more, I am with you, and will protect you wherever you go, and

    will bring you back safely to this land.  I will be with you constantly,

    until I have finished giving you all I am promising.




Rest with me a little while,  You have journeyed up a steep, rugged path.

The way ahead is shrouded in uncertainty.  Look neither behind you nor

before you,.  Instead, form your attention on Me, your constant companion.

Trust that I will equip you fully for whatever awaits you on your journey.  

I designed time to be a protector for you.  You couldn't bear to see all of your life at once.


Though I am unlimited by time, it is in the present moment that I meet you.

The highest level of trust is to enjoy Me moment by moment,

I am with you, watching over you wherever you go.

No comments:

swidget