12.29.2009

Three Ideas

John 15:15 "I no longer call you servants, because servants do not know the master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you."
- Jesus

1.) I can be involved in G-d's business. That idea scares me because I know G-d is up to some serious stuff, like cosmic level. The only thing inside me that tells me I have what it takes to be used in G-d-business is the fact that G-d says I do (we all do).

2.) I can be called Jesus' friend. This idea fascinates me and scares me. The texts says Jesus HAS called His followers friends. I wonder how far back that goes? It scares me because I'm not in the habit of hanging out with people that cast out demons and regularly face down death and persecution and inspires His "friends" to do the same.

3.) Jesus will teach me what He's learned from His Father. This idea fascinates me. Its difficult to wrap my mind around the point of following Jesus. For way too long I believed the point was merely getting into Heaven. I'm learning that its possible to know the creator of Heaven and to participate in that work. How long will it take to learn what Jesus knows? I'm up for it.

1 comment:

kurt bennett said...

Mike,
What's your take on how a person goes about getting to know Christ?

swidget