5.21.2009

What Am I?

I've been thinking today.

Am I my body? Am I my thoughts? Am I what I do? Am I a soul? Some thoughts from Dallas Willard's book The Divine Conspiracy. If a soul cannot be confined to a specific point in space, where is it and what is it? By confined to time and space he means that if you cut me open in order to find "me" then you'd have a hard time finding anything but cells, bacteria, and my dinner. The eyes, face, and hands of a person can make us present to another person, but those parts alone do not make up our soul. Saint John of the Cross describes the soul as a prisoner to our senses. It is a clean slate drawn on by what we allow into our body and mind.We all have a soul. It needs to be fed. It needs to be rested. It needs to be connected to G-d.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

swidget