6.21.2008

Mentors

A lot of youth pastors and young guys can become frustrated with a lack of a mentor in their lives. I took a course at Rockbridge not too long ago and I wanted to post the 9 different kinds of mentors we studied.

  1. Discipler
  2. Spiritual Guide :: accountability and insights for spiritual growth
  3. Coach
  4. Counselor
  5. Teacher
  6. Sponsor :: enables to develop or advance especially in the same organization
  7. Contemporary model :: indirectly imparts skills/values
  8. Historical :: people from the past
  9. Divine Contact :: unplanned mentorship
This list opened things up for me. My perception of mentors was very rigid until I came across this list and it helped me to see out different kinds of advice/help from many different kinds of people.

What kinds of mentors do you have?

No comments:

swidget