6.01.2008

Junior High Space

Ok, I'm just gong to put all my cards on the table here. A few months ago I realized that when our church opened the new children's building, there would be a void of space in our new building. I wanted to bring our middle school students to the main building. I figured if we can't have our 6-8 graders in with the adults, then we could at least be under the same roof. I asked for the space and our pastor gave it to us. I asked for a budget to make it junior high friendly...our pastor approved the WHOLE thing. The truth is, I shot for the moon with the budget and put down my dream list for what tools we would need to do junior high ministry.

I find myself in a awkward position that few junior high pastors find themselves in. I work in a church community that LOVES teenagers. I don't have the luxury of complaining or passing the buck, or blaming things on my leadership. My challenge is not thinking of how I can convince my pastor that I'm more than a baby sitter. I need to figure out how to lead the WHOLE congregation in ministry to young teenagers and their families.

I know shoreline is not perfect, but I don't take being here and being discipled by MULTIPLE people for granted. This is a great place to be.

Now I'm wondering what we need to do the best job of ministering to the middle schoolers of Austin.

1 comment:

Forger of the one ring... TO RULE THEM ALL! said...

hey. It's Solomon on my iPod touch. I am excited that we're moving, and considering the bug problem over at the sec it'll be an improvement. The jungle's gonna look awesome in september!

There was an error in this gadget

Follow by Email

swidget